Monday, December 17, 2012

Crockpot Beef Stew

 

I really do not like this picture. It does not do justice to the beef stew. This is probably one of the best recipe for beef stew.. well.. even the hubby who is not a fan of beef stew agreed with me. And of course... it has to be good since I am the creator of this recipe :)

I have been looking at a number of beef stew recipes and most of them contain some ingredients which I do not like.. so I decided to create my own :)

This is really a good recipe for a busy day... a crockpot and 10 minutes of preparation time and Bingo.. dinner is done.

Ingredients:
 2 pounds of stew meat
 3-4 carrot , chopped
3-4 celery, chopped
2 potatoes
1 onion - chopped coursely
2 cup of beef broth
2 cup of red wine
1 table spoon of thyme ( more to taste)
1 table spoon of oregano ( more to taste)
1 small can tomato paste 
1 teaspoon of paparika
3-4 bay leave
Cayenne pepper ( to taste)
Pepper and salt ( to taste)


Direction
1.  Season the stew meat with the spices, salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes
2. Lay the crockpot with the onion , carrot and celery
3. Put in the seasoned stew meat
4. Pour the beef broth and wine into the crockpot, add in the tomato paste ( add in more thyme and oregano to taste) and bay leaves
5. Stir and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours

~enjoy~




1 comment:

  1. You could add just a little low-sodium chicken broth to prevent the breasts drying out.

    3 medium stalks of celery, sliced. 4 medium red potatoes,
    cut into pieces.

    Also visit my web page slow cooker for one

    ReplyDelete